- Fix crash on fresh install of the previous version
- Get the
value tags from Podcast Index if available, since some podcasts do not include those in the feed itself
- Deal with relative URLs in feeds and a bunch of other bug fixes
- Feed parsing was extrcted to a separate project:
- Show “playing” feeds.
- Improve layout on mobile.
- Many bug fixes in the feed parser.
- Bug fix in playing multiple podcast items continuously.
Bug fixes in the feeed parser:
- Fix crash on dates out of range (items from year 0!)
- When a feed updates the
podcast:recipient tags, try to update the existing objects rather than delete and re-add
- In general, do not crash the feed fetcher on any exception when parsing one feed. Just mark that one as failed
Small release that brings back the “all items” feed (but it now correctly works when you have both podcasts and blogs) and brings back the feature that showed the feed type.
- Case insensitive sorting of feeds
This is the first public release on the Umbrel app store.
- A couple of bugfixes in the way we deal with podcast feeds
This is the first public release on the Citadel app store.
- Send boosts and streaming contributions to podcast creators (that use the
- Save the play position (per-episode!) in the database, so you always listen from where you left off (even if you’re using multiple devices!)
- Save volume in the database
- Fetch feeds automatically in the background
- Dark mode
- Lots of fixes and UI improvements
v0.1.0 (Runs on ARMs)
This is the first time usocial runs on an ARM-based machine (my Umbrel running on a Raspberry Pi 4). Before this I was running it directly on my laptop.
- Subscribe to blogs via RSS/Atom
- Search & subscribe to podcasts from Podcast Index
- Play podcasts in browser
- Parse the podcast:value tag and keep track of the amount of time listened for podcasts using this tag (see karma)
- Fever-like API